This is a very exciting time for us! Our organization is small but mighty and we’re looking for people who want to participate first-hand in the advancement of our mission. We can utilize any and all skills you may have to offer. Assist with our Kids Art Smart program. Work from home making press kits or thank you letters. Lead a tour of the building. Greet the public at Art After Dark Paso. We will do our best to match your skills, interests and availability with our needs.
Volunteers assist staff to perform clerical support functions, e.g., preparing mailings, filing, entering data, answering phones, greeting gallery patrons, performing special projects, etc.
Necessary Skills: Personable and organized, good customer relations skills
Expected Commitment: Minimum of two hours per day, one time per week for three months, or art studio volunteers who assist when a need arises.
Docents welcome guests to Studios on the Park from the driver's seat of the Hudson Hornet. They assist visitors in the Up Front Gift Store, which showcases many mediums not found elsewhere in the building and generates funds to support the organization's arts access and education programs.
In addition to providing a brief orientation, docents also enhance visitors’ experience by talking about works on display and providing information and printed brochures about classes, events and exhibits.
• Minimum 18 years of age
• Neat appearance
• Ability to work actively for 4 hours (standing and sitting)
• Outstanding interpersonal communication and customer service skills
• Willingness to initiate interactions with visitors and staff.
• Warm & friendly demeanor
• A positive and upbeat personality
• Ability to deal cheerfully with children, families and large volumes of people
• Dependable, accountable and trustworthy
• Ability to work a regular schedule, which may include evenings and weekends, depending on volunteer’s availability
• Ability to multi-task--working on a variety of tasks simultaneously while remaining organized and providing welcoming customer service
• Ability to be tactful under pressure
• Interest in and willingness to learn about art
• Interest in Studios and enthusiasm for its mission, programs and operation
• Ability to learn the basic floor plan and services of Studios
• Knowledge and/or willingness to learn sales and retail skills
• Respect for diverse lifestyles, cultures, religions and values and ability to interact with a variety of people
Expected Commitment: one three-hour shift per week for one year. Shifts are Thursday through Sunday.
Skilled volunteers are needed to assist us to prepare and install exhibits. Responsibilities include matting, shrink wrapping, and/or framing. We also use volunteers to prepare the gallery before and after exhibition, i.e., spackling, painting, hanging artwork, etc., and to take inventory of gallery products.
Necessary Skills: Demonstrated competence to prepare art for exhibition, knowledge of basic tools, the ability to lift at least 20 lbs and/or basic interior wall painting skills.
Expected Commitment: Assist us with at least three exhibitions in one calendar year
Volunteers assist Studios on the Park with its fundraising efforts, through the membership program and special events.
The Kids Art Smart program at Studios on the Park serves over 2,000 elementary students every year. Volunteers are needed to help the artists conduct the classes. Responsibilities may include welcoming students, setting up and cleaning the classroom, assisting students with their projects, reading art-related books during snacktime, etc.
Necessary Skills: Friendly, good with kids, willing to get your hands dirty
Expected Commitment: Each class lasts between 2 and 4 hours on weekday mornings. Help with one class or all of them, it's up to you!
Volunteers assist in implementing effective marketing/public relations strategies. Volunteer will help with production of promotional materials, marketing of special events, media relations with select print and television media, and website updates, as well as general office support.
Necessary Skills: Computer competency, general knowledge of Microsoft Office and strong writing capabilities. Knowledge of Adobe programs a plus.
Expected Commitment: Minimum of two hours per week for three months.
There are a variety of activities for people who wish to volunteer at our weekly lectures and demonstrations, monthly Art After Dark Paso opening receptions and annual Sweet Art Fundraising Luncheon and State of the Art Keynote, Dinner and Afterparty. Responsibilities may include welcoming attendees, setting up and staffing the wine and food area, providing artist bios and other information to patrons, writing receipts, wrapping art, etc.
Necessary Skills: Friendly and responsible
Expected Commitment: Assist us with at least three special events in one calendar year
Do you love wine and our community? Do you like working in an artistic environment? Do you like interacting with creative people? If the answer is yes, an opportunity awaits you as a Volunteer Wine Steward for Studios on the Park’s Winery Partners Wine Bar.
Volunteer Wine Stewards welcome guests and sell glasses of wine. Since all wines are donated by Studios Winery Partners, 100% of sales go to support Studios’ arts access and education programs, including Kids Art Smart, which provides free hands-on art classes to all K-6 students in northern SLO County. Accordingly, Volunteer Wine Stewards at Studios are also both fundraising and engaging visitors in the mission and essential arts services of the organization.
Through knowledge of Paso Robles wines and excellent customer service, Volunteer Wine Stewards enhance Studios visitors’ experience by building rapport, talking about Winery Partners, and providing information and printed brochures about programs, exhibits and events. Additional volunteer responsibilities may develop as this opportunity evolves.
• Applicants must be at least 21 years old and able to:
• Be friendly, positive & outgoing – letting your personality shine!
• Deliver 5 star service to the public!
• Share your wine knowledge with customers!
• Handle wine pouring (bending, lifting, carrying and cleanup)!
Expected Commitment: Commit to a 3-hour shift (6-9 pm) monthly on a Saturday!
Volunteers are asked to attend a training and orientation session to learn more about the organization’s goals and needs, meet some of the Studios on the Park team, gain some specific communication skills and get answers to any questions you may have. At the training/orientation and immediately afterwards, we will help you identify the most effective volunteer role for you within one of the teams listed above. All activities, whether highly visible or completely behind-the-scenes, have a direct impact on the quality of experience Studios on the Park offers to the public.
Your contribution of time and resources is critical in helping us accomplish our mission and vision. You help to make the visual arts available to our community, build a strong foundation for Studios on the Park and expand our programs.
When you join Studios on the Park as a volunteer, we ask you to:
• Commit to a volunteering schedule that works for you.
• Abide by the policies and procedures of Studios.
• Abide by the Studios Volunteer Handbook & Agreement.
• Attend a general volunteer orientation and any training sessions required for your volunteer position.
• Attend education programs and Studios events, as provided, to enhance your knowledge of Studios on the Park and your professional skills.
• Collaborate with staff and other volunteers, accepting supervision and evaluation of your volunteer work.
• Communicate clearly and frequently with staff, other volunteers, and Studios artists. Your ideas, comments and feedback are welcome.
• Volunteers may be asked to successfully pass a criminal history background check.
We encourage you to contribute as much as you are able and willing. We know you have a busy life, and fitting this in can be challenging, but commit to giving what you're able, and we’re certain you’ll find it worthwhile!
We are a hard-working, enthusiastic, supportive, art-loving group. We will do our best to offer you a rewarding experience volunteering with Studios on the Park. We’re all about the art of creation, and we’re glad you decided to join us. Thank you!