by Barbara Radisavljevic
I discovered Studios on the Park during the Paso Robles Festival of the Arts in 2010. Since then I've been hanging around it a lot. I have interviewed artists and made videos of the interviews which I may share later. I often attend new exhibits. It's basically a gallery combined with the studios of several artists here in our area. Here's why I enjoy it.
1. I can interact with artists there and watch them work.
2. It's never the same twice. There's always something or someone new.
3. I can see art in a variety of mediums, from oils and watercolor paintings to photography and etchings and 3-D objects made from many materials.
4. It's a great source of inspiration for Squidoo lenses.
5. It's a place to relax and just look at art that I enjoy.
6. It helps me see the world and even my local area through the eyes of others.
7. It's busy, but it's also peaceful.
8. It shows me what is possible.
9. It's helped me meet new people -- not just the artists themselves, but also other people who frequent Studios on the Park.
10. It's free.